Accelerent Virtual 3D Campus Support Page
If you registered for an Accelerent Breakfast that is taking place on our 3D Virtual Campus, you should have received an invite from VirBELA to create a VirBELA profile and download the Accelerent 3D Virtual Campus.
If you have not received that invite, please contact your Regional Event Manager in your market. Those contact details can be found in the top menu under Contact Us.
Double click on the download file, VirbelaSetup.exe, from the link you received in the email as outlined above.
Double click on the downloaded file, Virbela.dmg
Click through the installer and launch on the final step or from the Windows Start menu.
- Drag the Virbela icon into the Applications folder.
- Double click it to open the VirBELA application.
Click The Play Button!
Select Your Graphics Preference
- 1. Select "Windowed" if you don't want VirBELA to take up your whole screen.
- 2. Select your preferred resolution.
- 3. Try the "Best" graphics quality, but if you notice stuttering or other performance issues, try one of the lower settings.
- 4. When you're ready, click play!
Create Your Account
- 1. Click "Register" and fill out the form. After completing the form, you will return to the login screen.
- 2. Once registered, log in with your email address and password.
Customize Your Avatar
- 1. Use the panel on your left to customize your avatar. You can return to this screen at any time if you want to make changes later.
- 2. Click the green button at the bottom right corner when you're ready to enter VirBELA!
Test Your Microphone
- 1. Click the gear icon in the top right corner and then select "Mic Settings".
- 2. Make sure the microphone you want to use is selected. You can click on "Windows/Mac Sound Settings" to see how the sound settings are configured on your computer.
- 2. Press Done.
Explore the Accelerent 3D Virtual Campus powered by VirBELA
- 1. You can point and click with your mouse to move around, or use the wasd keys on your keyboard to move. Hold shift to run. Some tips will appear the first time you join to help you get on your feet.
- 2. Click the button in the bottom left corner to turn your microphone on or off. You can also hold the 1 key to activate your microphone in the "push to talk" style.
- 3. There's a text chat window that you can use to chat and share files with other people in the Open Campus
- 4. Use the Go To menu in the top left to find a list of all the rooms that you can teleport to in the Accelerent Campus. Check out the Auditorium, Expo Hall and Accelerent Offices!
Tips for Using VirBELA
- A headset or earbuds are strongly recommended to reduce the possibility of echo or feedback.
- You can only communicate with users who are in the same location as you. For example, if you're in the auditorium and someone else is in the Expo Hall, you won't be able to hear each other.
- You can hold down the 1 key on your keyboard to talk if you don't want your microphone on all the time.
- Often, problems can be resolved by restarting VirBELA. If you can't quit normally, try typing /exit in the chat window. This should immediately close VirBELA.
- You can clap, shake hands and do other animations if you want! Click your name on the top left of the screen to see some of the things you can have your avatar do. This can be a fun and effective way to communicate non-verbally.
- If other users are in the same space as you, you'll see their names in a list in the top left. To see where all the users in the Campus are, though, you can click the gear icon in the top right and then select "Find Users".